5 Quick Steps to Get Found on Search Engines
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic to a website from search engines like Google and Yahoo & Bing
1. Choose a Title, Description & Keywords and update your SEO Settings.
* Your title should include your website or business name and about 10 words long.
* Descriptions should include relevant keywords and be about 30-35 words long
* Add about 5-7 keyword phrases; this may include your location.
2. Lots of Relevant Text
An important aspect of relevant text is unique and quality content! There should be at least 400 words on your Home Page and 250 words on each of your other pages. Keywords should appear 3-7 times in your text. And be sure to include a title with your keywords on the main pages.
3. Submit to Search Engines
Submit your site to a few directories to increase your chances of getting found. You can submit your site on Google, Yahoo and Bing
Get links from quality sites! Google crawls the big sites, such as Digg, Facebook, Twitter and Wikipedia every day, so if you add an incoming link to your website from your Facebook account, you raise the chances that your website will be indexed fast.
(Think Quality related links, not quantity!)
5. Connect to your own domain
If you are using your site for business or commercial reasons, consider getting a custom domain name (example) www.(mybusiness).com
It is more professional, simple to remember and because it’s unique, even more search engine friendly.
Relevant SEO Articles
Relevant Attorney Resources
- Seattle Attorney - A Review by Seattle SEO Expert on Dubois Law - YouTube (More videos at Seattle Attorney SEO - YouTube